Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All material provided for reference and research purposes only. No reproduction of images or text is permissible. If linking to any item on this blog, please site the source.

January 1, 2019

20096, 20097. Personal correspondence between Bill W. Smith and Barry Goldwater (February 11, 1992 and March 10, 1992) (letter)

Barry Goldwater P. 0. BOX 1601 SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA 55252 February 11, 1992 Mr. Bill W. Smith Phoenix, AZ Dear Bill: When I returned home from your store this morning, I found your letter waiting. I’m very happy that your writing the story on the army post. It will be a terrific addition to the literature of Arizona. That part of Arizona has largly been neglected by historians, and I’m very happy for what your doing. I do know that my Grand Uncle Joe was hit by two bullets by raiding Apaches, although I didn’t know that Dr. Jones was traveling with them. He wore those two bullets as watch fobs for the rest of his life. My Grandfather Mike, was shot through the hat, with no damage. I do not have much in the way of specific information for you, but you’ve been working with Susie Sato, and in my book you can’t beat her. Keep i touch on this, and if I hear anything I’ll let you know. Barrij Goldwater March 10, 1992 Mr. Bill W. Smith Phoenix, AZ Dear Bill: P. 0. BOX 1601 SCOTTSDALE, ARIZONA 85252 Thank you for the copy of the Goldwater article by Dean Smith. I certainly do appreciate it, and thanks too for that article by James Cook. I think your on a real project. Camp Date Creek was just a hidden little waterway until you came along. When you chronicle the whole story, it will become one of the important places in Arizona’s wonderful history. The fact that both my grandfather, and grand-uncle, were both shot on that trip, that wound up in Date Creek, is very importanj, to both me and my family. Thank you for doing this, iA/s really a wonderful job for Arizona. S.

No comments:

Post a Comment