Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All material provided for reference and research purposes only. No reproduction of images or text is permissible. If linking to any item on this blog, please site the source.

January 6, 2019

20134. Prescott Yavapai Co. Arizona Octo. 4th 72. Sister Ellen, I have for sometime thought you may have forgotten me as I have not heard from you (letter)

Prescott Yavapai Co. Arizona Octo. 4” 72. Sister Ellen I have for sometime thought you may have forgotten me as I have not heard from you: well I dont know but that the fault may lie at my door but be it as it may I shall write you and thus remove the responsibility to some one else. My health is good and location the same as before. This part of the country affords nothing that would probably interest you but still what there is I’ll try and tell as you will see, in the papers before this comes to hand: the indians have been treated to that which they dont often get via, good sound threshings during the last ten days (57) fifty seven have been killed in two fights and possibly as many more wounded. They have had control of the territory long enough in fact they were very busy killing and stealing just as often an such so am pleased these Loring’s murderers have been brought to light they were Camp Date Creek indians as we supposed some of these are in the guard house and some were killed while trying to arrest them they drew their rations at the above named camp it was a free fight indians commenced first Gen’l. Crook got knocked down during the fracas. The war has actively commenced. The diamond business I think is a humbug gotten for speculation mining and prospecting is dull farmers have gathered their crops in and I think they are better than last year, and still are not extra good shooting affairs take place as usual, one man buried to day and one lynching done. Esther in fact you would pronounce the morals of Prescott below par. I hear that there has been a new arrival is it so I guess it is Miss Helen allows me to rest in ignorance as to what transpires at Snag maybe some one else so occupies her thoughts to my exclusion give my respects to, well young ladies in general Tom sr. and Tom junior and the rest. Respectfully from your brother Jesse A. Park I am in the Dry Store yet

No comments:

Post a Comment