Disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: All material provided for reference and research purposes only. No reproduction of images or text is permissible. If linking to any item on this blog, please site the source.

August 26, 2018

10146. The Arizona Miner, Prescott, Arizona Territory, November 28th, 1868. From Camp McPherson- Under date of November 22nd, 1868

The Arizona Miner Prescott, Arizona Territory November 28th, 1868 Under date of November 22nd, 1868, Major From Camp McPherson . — Wm. Montgomery, Sutler at Camp McPherson, in this county, writes as follows: "I have just returned from La Paz, where I bought a large stock Cal of goods, which I expect here in two or three days. loaded for Prescott. with four wagons , Jackson is here, Lieutenant Jas. A. Buchanan has turned over all Quartermaster' s Stores to Captain Geo. W. Davis, and will leave in a few days Camp La Paz (the Indian Reserve) . While for his new post, new road , in passing Jones ' via Dr. returning from La Paz , I was met by seven through the Black Tank range of mountains , Indians. I happened to get sight of them first, and gave them a warm reception, or, in all probability, they would have served me as they have served many others. I wounded one, an the rest We are suffering for ran, so I escaped without any trouble. want of lumber to finish the quarters

No comments:

Post a Comment